Tom Maker is known for his hauling of carp! One baiting method that he uses a lot is a pellet only mix, here he explains how he gets the best from them!
Ladywood lakes has two mature gravel pits set in the beautiful West Yorkshire countryside, the main 10 acre specimen lake and the 2 acre small lake which is the easier runs type lake.
LADYWOOD LAKE FACTS
FISHERY: Ladywood Lake
SIZE: 10 acres
STOCK: 500 Carp
LAKE RECORD: 43lbs plus
PRICES: Day ticket available Monday – Thurs only, £12 (7am-7pm)
24hr ticket carp lake £24
48hr ticket carp lake £46 (£22 per 24 thereafter)
5 days £110.00 / 7 days £135.00
CONTACT: LADYWOOD LAKES – phone number is 07792731170
CAST TO SHOWING FISH
Ladywood carp love to show themselves, it is well worth casting a single hookbait or bag towards the fish. This can often produce instant results.
The fish in Ladywood have been raised on pellets, they love nothing more than eating their way through a pile of high oil pellets. Ellipse Pellets fit the bill perfectly, plus, their flat shape ensures they don’t roll away from your spot.
Over the years Ladywood has become a very nut bait dominated water, and so Manilla is one of the best boilies to use. Stick to the smaller sizes in the range and try using them chopped up to ensure they don’t roll down any of the steep shelves.
Bags of pellets and crushed boilies tend to score very well on this venue, especially if you are looking for a quick bite. Make sure you dip them in Hemp Oil to extend the melt time in the deep water!
BRIGHT AND FRUITY
It seems that the fish in Ladywood have a sweet tooth when it comes to hookbaits, fruity baits, such as Signature pop-ups and wafters vastly outscore more savoury and fishy flavours.
Don’t be put off by the depth, the fish get caught everywhere! If a low-pressure system comes in with strong winds, then fish on the deck. Alternatively, if it is hot and high-pressure, get on the zigs and surface baits. The margins are especially productive, but always ensure you make as little disturbance as possible.
1. When you start fishing the Bailiff will collect money on the bank.
2. Fishing is from designated swims only-( you may set up next to the swim if doubling up)
3. Minimum 42” landing net- ALL nets must be disinfected in the tanks provided.rinse in the lake after 20 mins, please.
4. Cradles or High sided mats only plus a retaining sling.
5. No maggots March 1st – 1st Nov, no lead core or any leaders of any type-tubing only, nuts, boats, guns, swimming, fires or unattended rods.
6. No braided main line, minimum 12lb mono.
Barbed hooks only.
7. All Carp to be returned to the water via sling or zip mat.
8. Bait boat may be used sensibly.
9. 3 rods may be used, consider other anglers, please.
10. Environment Agency rod licence is required.
11. No Carp sacks.
12. NO Children under 12 permitted to fish. Ages 12 to 15 must be accompanied by an Adult.
13. No climbing over the lake fence.
14. Park in car parks.
15. No litter to be left.
16. NO BBQ’s are permitted.
17. Strictly NO TENTS- bivvys and fishing ovals only
All fake baits are banned including, zig foam, zig bugs and aligners