Our Hookbait Kits offer the ultimate in customisation, with the ability to make your own unique hookbaits, totally different to everyone else.
Berners Hall Day Ticket
The 24-acre Res, deep in the Essex countryside, has 24 swims and contains around 600-700 carp. There are more than 60 fish over 30lb and the current lake record, is over 44lb. Get it right on here and you can have multiple hits in the same session with plenty of twenties.
The fish generally hold up in large groups and therefore, at the right times of the year with a lot of good-quality boilies and pellet, fished on a clearer area, anglers can produce numbers of fish. The water levels do go up and down throughout the year depending on weather conditions and rainfall.
Onsite there are toilets and three car parks to choose from depending on which lake you are fishing, as well as the Total Fishing Tackle shop where you can stock up on all the essentials and receive a 10% discount in store upon showing your booking confirmation.
BERNERS HALL FACTS
FISHERY: Berners Hall Fishery
NUMBER OF SWIMS: 24
STOCK: 600-700 Carp
CURRENT LAKE RECORD: 44lb Mirror, 41lb Common
PRICE: Day Ticket – £20 24 Hour Ticket – £30 48 Hour Ticket – £60 Monday-Friday- £100 Monday-Monday- £150
If you need a local tackle shop, then Total Fishing Tackle is just up the road.
LAUREN STANFORD'S TOP TIPS
FIND THE FISH
When fishing the Res there’s no doubt in my mind that the first thing I’m going to do is walk around the lake and spot signs of the carp. Confidence is key, so if you know you are where the fish are, you have a much better chance of catching them.
FIND CLEAR SPOTS
The Res is a weedy lake, and some people may get scared off by it, but there definitely are many clear spots. Personally, I would take as much time as I can to find a decent spot with a marker lead, so that you know your rig is presented well.
It’s obvious there is a very large amount of big fish in the Res, so the bait does get eaten! Using small PVA Bags or pellets generally works well, whilst being fished on top of good quality boilies in small amounts to start with. If you start to have bites, then for sure I’d put bait out regularly on the spot.
With the lake being a large reservoir, the lakebed varies massively. You’ll find big beds of weed, but also big clear areas. Choosing the right presentation is very important.
KEEP ON YOUR TOES
As the Res is 24 acres, it’s not hard for the fish to move off. If you see the fish elsewhere then it’s worth the move. Is there any point being in a swim where their’s no signs of fish? The Res holds a large head of quality, pristine carp so their’s always an opportunity to catch them. My go to approach in this case would be to cast PVA bags, or even a single hook bait to showing fish.
- All fishing is strictly by pre-booking only.
- The entrance gate is always to be kept locked.
- All anglers are to carry their booking confirmation with them whilst on site and must present this when requested by any member of staff.
- Maximum 3 rods only.
- Strictly barbless hooks only (no micro barbed or crimped barbs)
- No Leaders or lead core of any type. Rig tube only.
- Fish are only to be kept in landing nets or retention slings whilst all fish care equipment, weigh slings and cameras are made ready. Please only retain fish for the minimum amount of time, due to the shallow margins of the lake.
- To avoid the danger of disease no one is allowed to enter the site with any wet unhooking mats, nets, slings or any other equipment. Please ensure all your equipment is bone dry before fishing.
- No carp sacks to be allowed on site at any time.
- No fish to be introduced or removed. We will prosecute anyone found breaking this rule.
- Only large well-padded unhooking mats and weigh slings to be used at all times. Please ensure that these are wet before use and plenty of water is available when photographing your captures.
- Minimum 15lb mainline. No braided mainline except on spod or marker rods.
- Anglers are not permitted to leave their rods by more than one swim distance away.
- Fishing is only permitted from the designated swims. Bait boats are allowed but please refer to the lake map to see which fishing area belongs to which swim.
- Anglers must be in possession of the required number of Environmental Agency rod licences.
- No dogs, fires, firearms or weapons.
- No under 16’s unless accompanied by a fishing adult.
- All litter to be taken home. Anglers will be responsible for all litter in and around their swim.
- Parking in designated areas only. Under no circumstance are vehicles allowed on the lake banks.
- All visitors enter the site at their own risk. Berners Hall Fishery & Total Fisheries
- Management accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to fishing tackle, cars, persons or any other property how so ever caused.
- No damage to wildlife or property, no trespassing on surrounding land.
- All fishermen must strictly comply with all fishery rules. If in any doubt, ask before fishing.
- Anyone in breach of these rules will be banned. Random checks will be made by staff & bailiffs whose word is final in all matters.
- One Zig per angler