Terry Wood smashes Manor Farm to pieces with a 38 fish catch topped by Spike at 40lb 8oz.
Hunts Corner Lake
Hunts Corner is one of the nicest lakes on the complex. Its a well matured, secluded gravel pit of just over 9 acres. Limited swims give anglers around one acre of water to play with adding more seclusion to this great mature lake.
A carp stock of over 400 fish, weights range from 20lb-30lb and a lake record of 43lb 8oz. Regular stocking is being carried out on Hunts Corner, with further stock in the pipeline.
FARLOWS LAKE ONE FACTS
FISHERY: Linear Fisheries
STOCK: Over 400 carp, and at least 40% are estimated to be over 20lb
NUMBER OF SWIMS: 41
LAKE RECORD: Mirror Carp – 43lb 5oz
Common Carp – 32lb 8oz
OTHER SPECIES: Bream, Tench, Chub, Perch
PRICE: 2 Rods – 12 hours – £16.50
3 Rods – 12 hours – £19.50
2 Rods – 24 hours – £29
3 Rods – 24 hours – £34
CONTACT: Ian Roper – Head Bailiff
07885 327708 (Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm)
TOP TIPS WITH TOM MAKER
Fishing three rods on one spot has proven to be very prolific on Hunts Corner, but when it comes to spodding over the top I like to drop to a large to a medium sized spod to reduce noise and disturbance.
The fish in Hunts adore floaters, so if the weather is right make sure you have your surface fishing gear, it’s essential!
I have always found that Hunts is a more predominant boilie water, so my mix consists of 70% boilies and 30% hemp and corn.
Fishing The Far Margin
Most of the pegs give you the opportunity to fish over to the far margin, unlike the other lakes. I have had great results placing little traps under the trees with the use of a baiting pole.
- Cars must be parked in designated car parks.
- No driving or parking on the grass around any of the lakes.
- Barbed or Barbless hooks may be uses.
- Fish are not to be retained for long more than 30 minutes, sacks are not permitted.
- No boats, drones, bait boats, radios, guns, fires, picnics, swimming, drugs or heavy drinking.
- No dogs unless on a lead and under control.
- All particles must be well soaked, well cooked and used in moderation and spodding maggots is no longer allowed, however they can be used in PVA bags or feeders but anglers should not be using more than 4 pints per day.
- All Spombs are to be used in conjunction with a ‘Spomb Float’.
- Fixed leads are not allowed, rigs will be checked by our bailiffs.
- Unhooking mats to be used for all fish.
- Wading is not allowed, except in the event of netting and or releasing a fish in shallow water.
- If doubling up in a swim you can only use two rods each unless you’re in one of the handful of large swims dotted around the complex.