Tom Maker shares the method to his madness as he lands over 50 within 48-hours!
Brasenose Two is the largest lake on the Linear complex at over 34 acres.
There are many features in the water, with many more gravel bars than the other lakes on the complex, and for fish safety, leaders must be used at all times.
Like all the well-stocked Linear lakes, Brasenose Two responds well to regular baiting when the fish are hungry.
Map details sourced in association with Carp Feed.
BRASENOSE TWO FACTS
FISHERY: Linear Fisheries
SIZE: 34 acres
STOCK: 1900+ carp, with a good head of carp over 20lbs, and a number over 30lb
NUMBER OF SWIMS: 34
LAKE RECORD: Mirror Carp – 40lb 12oz
Common Carp – 28lb 5oz
OTHER SPECIES: Pike, Tench, Roach, Rudd, Perch, Eel
PRICE: 2 Rods – 12 hours – £15.50
3 Rods – 12 hours – £18.50
2 Rods – 24 hours – £23
3 Rods – 24 hours – £29
CONTACT: Ian Roper – Head Bailiff
07885 327708 (Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm)
TOP TIPS WITH TOM MAKER
Being the largest lake on the complex you can often find yourself having to fish at long range, this coupled with the lakes many bars I would advise fishing with the heaviest mainline you can get away with and always use a shock leader to prevent crack offs.
Just like B1 there is a huge head of carp present, so once you have found where you want to fish it is paramount to introduce plenty of bait to hold the fish. Tight baiting with a simple mix consisting of hemp, corn and boilies is the key to getting the most out of your session.
This lake is packed full of features such as clay areas, gravel spots, deep gulleys, weed and silty areas. With this in mind it is well worth spending a little time leading around.
Lastly, don’t ignore the lesser fished swims, if when you arrive the main bowl area is fully occupied
- Cars must be parked in designated car parks.
- No driving or parking on the grass around any of the lakes.
- Barbed or Barbless hooks may be uses.
- Fish are not to be retained for long more than 30 minutes, sacks are not permitted.
- No boats, drones, bait boats, radios, guns, fires, picnics, swimming, drugs or heavy drinking.
- No dogs unless on a lead and under control.
- All particles must be well soaked, well cooked and used in moderation and spodding maggots is no longer allowed, however they can be used in PVA bags or feeders but anglers should not be using more than 4 pints per day.
- All Spombs are to be used in conjunction with a ‘Spomb Float’.
- Fixed leads are not allowed, rigs will be checked by our bailiffs.
- Unhooking mats to be used for all fish.
- Wading is not allowed, except in the event of netting and or releasing a fish in shallow water.
- If doubling up in a swim you can only use two rods each unless you’re in one of the handful of large swims dotted around the complex.