Christchurch’s Scar smashes lake regular, Mark Litchfields PB by almost 5lb!
Willow Lake is a day ticket water based in Oxfordshire on the Linch Hill complex, which is 14 feet deep & approx 7acres in size, but has some deeper spots in places. It is the smallest and to many the prettiest of the lakes at Linchill Fishery but still has a mighty holding of large English fish stock.
WILLOW LAKE FACTS
FISHERY: Linch Hill
SIZE: 7 Acres
STOCK: Approximately 200 carp
NUMBER OF SWIMS: 16
LAKE RECORD: 40lb-plus
BACK UP STOCK: 30-plus Thirties and 1 Forty
OTHER SPECIES: Large Roach
PRICE: £30 for 24-hours
CONTACT: 07833130041 (Nick)
TOP TIPS WITH ADAM SMITH
Use Small Hookbaits
These fish are very pressured and can be hard to catch at times. I like to use small hookbaits, either 12mm baits or trimmed down wafters.
They Love Krill
Over the past three-years the lake has been completely dominated by Krill. They absolutely love it and my best advice would be to wash it out a day before you go fishing and break it up in your hands before you apply it. They can shy off round, fresh bait at times.
I make sure that the line is pinned down as much as I can. Add some putty up the mainline and sink your line well, if they suss you are there, they will be hard to catch.
Don't Forget your Floater Gear
Once the weather warms up, don’t forget the floaters. They absolutely love them and can often be the only way to get a bite in the summer.
- Always dip your Nets, Mats & Slings in our Dip Tank before going to the lake.
- The use of 3 rods is allowed on Christchurch & Willow, if the lake is crowded the 3rd rod must be in the margins.
- NO sacks or keep nets.
- NO long shank hooks or fixed lead rigs.
- NO baitboats on Christchurch or Willow.
- NO Zig Rigs, Maggots, Casters or Peanuts are to be used! Other particles should be prepared properly & checked with the bailiff.
- NO DOGS, Airguns, Firearms, Swimming or Fires allowed anywhere on the complex.
- Take your litter home.